About Stanley Vidmar
For more than 40 years, Stanley Vidmar has meant one thing to customers around the world—heavy-duty storage solutions for heavy-duty applications.
A Brief History
- 1940’s - Swiss manufacturer A&R Weidmar introduced the first modular-drawer cabinet.
- 1958 - John Kleinoder, a Brooklyn-based tool and die maker, arranged to manufacture Weidmar cabinets in the United States under the name “Vidmar.”
- 1962 - Vidmar cabinets became part of the first photocopiers made by Haloid Corporation, which would become Xerox Corporation.
- 1965, Xerox asked Vidmar to open a plant in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- 1966 - Kleinoder sold the company to The Stanley Works of New Britain, Connecticut, officially becoming Stanley Vidmar.
Today, Stanley Vidmar, as the company is now known, still makes all of our products to order at our Allentown facility. In the years that have passed since our inception in 1966, Stanley Vidmar has watched the demand for efficient, durable storage continue to grow as businesses and industries become more lean, productive, and efficient. Stanley Vidmar is a common name in countless fields, including military, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, heavy equipment, agricultural, power generation/utilities, government, and many more.
Tough Storage the World Over
Whether it’s preconfigured or custom-configured storage cabinets, workstations and technical benching, mobile cabinets and toolboxes, mezzanines, adjustable racking systems, or vertical automated storage and retrieval systems, professionals worldwide depend on Stanley Vidmar for productivity improvements that directly contribute to a healthier bottom line.
Couple this with a knowledgeable, highly trained team of Storage Sales Engineers that can guide, train, and make recommendations on all aspects of the Stanley® Vidmar® product offering—including onsite, no-obligation surveys—and you have a turnkey solution that dramatically reduces the time required between initial concept and final implementation. Superior products, innovative solutions, and an unmatched knowledge base all combine to deliver the type of ROI that’s critical to staying competitive in today’s market. This winning combination has positioned the Stanley Vidmar brand as the market leader it is today.