How do I anchor my cabinet?
All single cabinets should be secured to the floor. Multiple cabinets need not be anchored, but should be bolted side-by-side or back-to-back using Stanley Vidmar model number CCH-1, Cabinet Connecting Hardware. (Every Stanley Vidmar cabinet has pre-punched holes in the sides and rear of the top flanges for through-bolting use).
Single cabinet anchoring:
- Anchoring is to be done using hardware model numbers CAK-1 (for anchoring to concrete floors) or CAK-2 (for anchoring to wood floors).
- Follow drilling and bolting instructions provided with each anchoring kit.
Note: For proper installation, cabinets should be shimmed to be level within 1/16" in each direction.
Can I move a cabinet that is fully loaded?
Cabinets equipped with pallet bases may easily be moved by fork lift or pallet jack.
- Caution must be taken to insure that forks of lift truck are fully inserted beneath the cabinet before lifting, in order to prevent accidental tipping due to an unbalanced load.
- Prior to moving, all drawers must be fully closed and cabinet must be locked, or drawers must be banded shut if no cabinet lock or lock bar is present.
Cabinets not equipped with pallet bases require additional caution to secure drawers prior to moving.
- Remove several top drawers (for gripping and tilting purposes) prior to inserting lift truck forks beneath the cabinet.
- Extreme caution must be used to be certain no damage is done to the underside of the cabinet with forks.
What colors are available for your cabinets?
Standard powder coat finish colors are Off White, Beige, Vidmar Green, Hunter Green, Light Blue, Bright Blue, Dark Blue, Red, Medium Gray, Vidmar Gray, Warm Gray, Olive Drab Green and Black. Please visit our dynamic color tool to visualize cabinets in different colors.
Can I add wheels/casters to a cabinet?
Stanley Vidmar does not recommend adding wheels/casters to existing cabinets unless the cabinet has lock-in/lock-out latches.
What benefits do lock-in/lock-out latches provide in mobile applications?
Lock-in/lock-out latches prevent drawers from moving when fully opened or closed. Raising the latch releases the drawer. The system keeps the drawer fully opened or closed by means of a finger-activated latch. The latching system should be factory installed, since field installation will require replacement drawers. The system is best used in any type of mobile application. This might entail use as roll-around cabinets, aboard ships and planes, and in vans and service vehicles.
What will the overall height of my mobile cabinet be?
|Cabinet Height||2" HR||3" PH||5" HR||6" PP||6" ED||6" PH||8" PN|
Can a locksmith make additional keys?
No, you need to order keys directly from Stanley Vidmar. To order additional keys: Please fax the number imprinted on the key along with the shipping and billing information on your company letterhead. EMAIL: custserv3 [at] sbdinc [dot] com FAX: 1-800-523-9934. We accept: MasterCard, VISA and American Express.
What are the benefits of Single Drawer Release feature?
This patented technology, the first of its kind in industrial storage cabinets, prevents opening more than one drawer at a time. This feature prevents accidental tipping of cabinets from several drawers being opened simultaneously. The SDR feature is not intended to replace lock in/lock out latches within mobile applications (vehicular and shipboard situations). This feature must be factory installed.
How do I change the configuration of drawers in a cabinet?
Drawers may be positioned every 3/4" within cabinets. The sum total of all drawer points (20, 35, 60, 90, etc.) must equal the total height points of the cabinet, but may be arranged in any sequence within the cabinet.
- Remove drawer by opening fully, then lifting the front of the drawer in order to clear the carriage cross member.
- Remove the carriage by opening fully, then lifting two release latches (one per side) on carriage to clear carriage brackets.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove one screw from each carriage bracket.
- Remove carriage brackets by lifting upward and pulling forward.
- Relocate brackets to desire location and reverse the above steps to install carriage and drawer.
Caution: Be certain carriage is fully engaged to brackets before installing drawer, and be certain drawer is fully engaged to carriage before use.
How do I change partitions and dividers?
- Remove two hex head screws (per partition) securing the partition to the drawer bottom.
- Lift the partition from the drawer slots, move to new location, and reinstall. Fasten with two screws.
- Remove screws (if any) to loosen dividers.
- Lift dividers from partition slots and move to new location.
- Reinstall dividers; fasten with screws (if required).
VERTICAL STORAGE SYSTEMS
Are there any STAK System restrictions?
Stanley Vidmar will not knowingly quote or sell the STAK System mast and bridge for use with non-Vidmar racking and support structures. STAK System racking will not knowingly be quoted/sold without a Stanley Vidmar mast and bridge, as if intended for freestanding racking applications. STAK System racking will not knowingly be quoted/sold for used with any picking, storing, or retrieving device other than the Stanley Vidmar mast and bridge, whether or not that device mounts to or connects with the Stanley Vidmar columns.
How can I get my STAK System maintained?
A Yearly Preventative Maintenance Agreement is available. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-523-9462 for detailed information.
Are there any Adjustable Rack System restrictions?
Applications should fall within the normal ARS product parameters such as Rack Height, Pallet widths and load capacities.
Can Adjustable Rack be sold without column and end protectors?
All relative column protectors and end protectors are considered standard equipment and quoted/sold as part of the total order.
What is the maximum height of the Adjustable Rack columns?
Maximum height is: 15' 10".
Can the component parts of the hoist (ex. The Brake) be purchased from Stanley Vidmar?
No, component parts for the hoist must be purchased through the hoist manufacturer.
What are the voltage requirements for a hoist?
A standard hoist can be wired to 230V or 460V 3 Phase 60 Hertz.
How do I build a workstation?
The workstation configurations need to be custom made. You need to choose the different components, like the cabinet, top, and any other accessories you would like. Please view our catalog online to pick out your items.
How do I remove or replace the drawers in my Tech Bench cabinet?
- Empty contents from drawer. Remove side partitions (if so equipped) by lifting up from the sides.
- Insert screwdriver underneath slide near the front of the drawer and pry the slide away from the drawer. This will disengage the slide from the drawer body.
- While continuing to pry the slide away from the drawer body, lift up on the drawer body to remove the slide tab from the drawer.
- Repeat for the other side of the drawer.
- Once both tabs in the front of the drawer have been disengaged, pull the drawer straight out. Be careful to avoid dropping the drawer.
To re-installing the drawer, reverse procedure from above. Line up the tabs from the slides with the holes in the drawer body, starting with the back holes first. Pull each slide back into place one side at a time. The final step should be dropping the drawer body onto the lances in the front and replacing the side partitions.
Where are Stanley Vidmar products manufactured?
All the products are manufactured in our plant in Allentown, PA, USA.
Where can I download PDF versions of catalogs & brochures?
PDF versions of literature can be downloaded from the Literature section of our website.